Home inspections are a standard and important step in purchasing a home. A professional is usually hired to check out the plumbing, electrical, and engineering with a fine toothed comb to ensure the home is good.
When purchasing a home with a pool, the same attention must be given to the pool. You can trust our experts at Coastal Pool Concepts to give you a thorough check-up since we know pools.
Below are the areas the inspector will look at:
- Fence and gate leading into the pool area. We ensure the barrier meets Florida standards.
- Decking around the pool. We look for cracks and trip hazards.
- Pool construction. We calculate the size of the pool and look for structural problems.
- Pool surface. The interior of the pool, or plaster, should be inspected for racks and staining. When needed, we refer work to our sister company, Cox Pools.
- Tile and grout. Our inspectors look for racks, a major area where pool leaks can start. cracks.
- Jets functioning.
- Main drain covers and other safety equipment, such as handrails and ladders.
- Pool level. We inspect to ensure the pool hasn’t floated or sunk.
- Pool equipment including the filter, pump and heaters.